Friday, March 23, 2012

...and We're Back

We left mid-morning on Wednesday, heading for Quincy. By the time we reached Eugene, Dennis had had enough of driving in the pouring rain so we spent the night at a Motel 6. We were up and on the road early with the goal to arrive in Quincy in time for me to attend the monthly meeting of the Quincy Crazy Quilters.

We made it and I had so much fun at the guild meeting catching up with friends and customers. In fact, when I left, I had three customer quilts to bring back with me.

Friday it was still pouring, so we used that day to run our errands. We drove to Genesee and delivered hats that Dennis had embroidered for Sierra Rescue, then we continued on to Chester where I picked up three more quilts from two new customers.  I'm so loving the fact that even though I've moved, my formerly local customers are still using me. They've all become my friends and I don't want to lose that.

Friday night was dinner at Pangaea with friends. Dennis has embroidered their logo on sweatshirts and screen-printed it on hoodies.  They're great people and they make a lovely Spicy Salmon Chipotle Burger!! (Can you tell what I had??) Saturday it stopped raining and was beautiful out.


 We loaded up


and headed into town for dinner with friends. We got back home to the power being out and woke up Sunday morning to snow.


The scenery on the way home included the Craggy Mountains just out of Yreka.



 And Mt. Shasta


We were entertained on the way home by the many positions Dash took trying to get comfortable. He was good for quite a few laughs!


Its good to be back! The sun has been shining brightly and I've been trying to take advantage of it between working on taxes and quilts!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.